View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2007, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppassafi View Post
You are actually way off here. Louisville is an eccentric place, at least in the old city limits. One would have to really know the city's architecture to know why this building fits. There are some people here who hate it, but most of the progressives love it. The criticism this building is receiving is the same we saw for the Humana building and Kaden among others. Now, the community embraces different stuff like this. I personally love this building in any city with Louisville's skyline density or bigger. This same building would look great in Nashville, Jacksonville, OKC, or any similar sized city, plus mega cities like Chicago. I am glad we are getting it, because it will be unreal I must ask, have you been in a FREE sky museum in your city's tallest building? Have you ever ridden in a diagonal glass elevator? Didn't think so
Hahaha thanks for this post. I love it too. I'm so excited that our city is getting it. As I mentioned in the Louisville Development Thread: it is a sterling example of form=function. It is a building that will house the largest contemporary art museum in Louisville. It will also house the Master's Program of art from the University of Louisville. So in other words, it's an architecturally defying building for a building built for art."

FOR ANY LOUISVILLE CITIZENS READING THIS:
Funny story: I've always detested Austin, Texas, for some reason. Maybe a little personal rival you could say. Anyways, I was kinda mad when I found out Austin's new tallest would be 1 meter taller than Museum Plaza at 214m (Austin's was 215m). I wrote a letter to the Museum Plaza representatives as well as Mayor Abramson informing them that we would be beat by a single meter to rival Austin. Walah...Museum Plaza announced expansion plans several months after that included an extra story!! Haha, so yes, credit ME! Ahh, I'm just kidding. It was very ironic that it happened however. GO LOUISVILLE!