View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 6:32 PM

Never say Never, as is said,

We, don't know how large San Antonio will expand to in the next hundred years. I am seventy two years old now and the city's growth so far since I was a little kid has been astonishing, already. Two hundred years hence? I remember when the San Antonio population was nearly 400,000 and Austin's population was 80,000. Just within my lifetime. I also recall avoiding larger airports and prefer smaller ones in big cities anyway. O'hare particularly. The pace seems almost frantic in there because of the crowds. Living in overcrowded spaces in this day and age ? I always flew in and out of Midway airport in Chicago even, way back when.
Stinson, little Stinson Field, might be expanded on a large scale someday. When Austin and San Antonio's ever expanding growth reaches each other Stinson could be the best option... plus all Toll roads in between the two cities? Probably. The Rail service of course. I read, not long ago that the Austin -San Antonio-Houston corridor will become a manufacturing giant. One of the largest on Earth.
Crowding may be relieved by now in O'Hare, I don't know. I have been retired for some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
Stinson will function as a reliever airport, which I'd assume entails terminal improvements (which are in the pipeline iirc) and lengthening the runways, which I'm not sure about. But its pretty safe to say it will never become SA's version of Hobby or Love Field.