View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 9:21 PM
BANNED

^ 19th / 20th is a much better couplet...nice to have everybody within 2 blocks of transit from 16th to 22nd that way.

wong, missing the point...just trying to expand the idea...that said, i find it a bit ridiculous to bring race into this (especially given denver's predominant white citizenry). that said, i'll take the bait and evaluate whether or not it "basically goes where the white people are"...I'll defend the DSC concept, for no reason except for keeping logic in the discussion:

- west colfax line: serves a diverse, poor populace
- east colfax: serves our most diverse corridor
- 38th: serves sunnyside and large hispanic comunity
- broadway: serves la alma / lincoln park and income diversity along broadway
- welton is already very well served, and being extended, for the black community

really we need to focus where car trips happen, mixed-uses exist, where density exists, and where zoning supports density / main streets. race-baiting gets us nowhere.

that said...here is what I heard back from DSC:

"Thanks for your submission! Someone else has recently pointed us to that site as well. Lots of good ideas on there and of course I would love join forces down the line. However, right now, our mission is to get Streetcar and it's benefits into the mainstream and get all Denverites thinking and talking about streetcar. The skyscraper page is great but is a bit too wonky for our goals right now. We are less interested in debating the virtues of one route versus another route, and the idiosyncrasies of funding such a massive project, but rather want to spread the word and help citizens visualize what streetcar can do for our City. Thanks for your support and we hope to continue the conversation!"

from steven c. - PM me if you want his email to discuss.

bold added because it's funny...find it a bit odd that funding is viewed as an idiosyncrasy...rather than integral to the entire process. in short, IMHO, sounds like they are working to reduce the NIMBY voices and ease the transition into more rolling stock....just a guess.