View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2024, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
key things to consider:

1) Legends Tower will be located in a patchwork of land that is inbetween zoning districts known as Lower Bricktown (between Reno and OKC Boulevard). It is not subject to any design regulations, overlay, other than height which is currently 300 feet and an agreement between the Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority and the original developer, Randy Hogan, who is a principal in this Boardwalk at Bricktown development team.

I believe this project is already approved to 345' by the city, Developer is applying for a variance to 1907' - which very likely won't be opposed. April 11 is the meeting with the Oklahoma City Planning Commission.

2) The FAA likely wont oppose either, since this is nowhere near any flight restrictions for Will Rogers Oklahoma City International Airport. The application, as I understand it, is more or less just informing the FAA.

3) TIK (military airfield known as Tinker AirForce base) does have flight restrictions nearby
but I believe it is confirmed that Legends Tower (and most/all of downtown for that matter) is not in alignment with the cross-wind runway approach path, so there shouldn't be any opposition from them either.

Once developer gets Planning Commision approval, which is likely this week - then they can seek construction permits. This thing could very well get started within months this summer.

Here is link to the Oklahoma City planning commision review: https://okc.primegov.com/api/compile...6-e120fd9df71b

* Special thanks to LokoAko at OKCTalk for most of the details/links.
This could potentially lead to developers building 2,000 foot tall skyscrapers in New York City and Chicago so that those cities would compete with Oklahoma City.