View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2011, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Also worth mentioning is that Regina appears to be adhering to a policy of trying to limit office development to within the downtown core. As I recall, the recent application to construct a significant amount of lowrise office space in Harbour Landing was not approved by the City and there will be an appeal initiated.

I was at the inaurgral Saskatchewan Real Estate Forum in Saskatoon on Tuesday and this issue came up for discussion among one of the panels. Not surprisingly, there was a split among the panelists, with some strongly supporting it and others believing that developers/tenants should have the right to construct suburban office complexes with ample surface parking.

The Forum itself was a great success. It sold out, with over 460 attendees gathering to discuss a number of issues impacting commercial real estate and development in Saskatchewan. Lots of out of province attendees and pretty much everyone has a very positive attitude about developing projects in Saskatchewan. Although the land costs are relatively low here, the cost of construction is making Saskatchewan the most expensive place in Canada for many of them to build, so that is a cause for concern.
I may be wrong i dont recall the harbour landing office complex going to council yet