View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2021, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
Alright, this is nitpicky I know because the overall proposal is solid. But it's the O. Henry house. Not the O'Henry house. The historical preservation consultant put that mistake in giant letters on a bunch of slides. I wouldn't fault a random person for making that mistake since it sounds identical when you say it out loud, but if you're being paid a bag of money by a big name developer to know about the history of that structure, you should probably know what it's called, especially if it's called that because a reasonably famous writer used to live there. It's like saying Hemisphere instead of Hemisfair, drives me nuts...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._Henry

Anyway, great proposal etc. And I too am glad they've come around to keeping the de la Garza house on site and making it a centerpiece. Smart move, though I wonder if they're just going to continue to have it vacant or if they'll try and find a retail tenant.
Haha. Good point. I walked by the house during the June "Fiesta" at Market Square and read the historical marker for the first time. He was an interesting dude like so many people back in the day who wore so many different hats.