View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2015, 6:19 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
I wonder why Frost bank that was born in S.A. and became what it is today, mostly because of this community, the biggest bank in the state, but builds a landmark tower in Austin before S.A.? That's why I label Austin a brat. There is some power blocking S.A. from building upward.
Frost had nothing to do with the development of the Frost Bank Tower. It was a speculative office tower that Cousins Properties developed. Frost Bank took enough space in the building to earn them naming rights to the building. The building was originally called Congress at Fourth. It was originally announced in 1997, and at that time Frost Bank was never mentioned. I still have the newspaper clippings.

Besides, Paul, you guys stole Whataburger from Corpus Christi.

Frost is also taking space in other towers around the state. Dallas and Houston each have one in the 300 foot range. And oddly enough, one other high profile Frost Bank building is the one in Corpus Christi. They've occupied that building for years. At least 15 years or more. In fact, that building is taller than their headquarters in San Antonio. If I lived in San Antonio I would actually take those as good signs since it means the bank is healthy. If they're taking large chunks of space in decent buildings in other cities then I would really expect them to do something great in their hometown. Don't worry, guys, it'll happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX
Maybe a similar rivalry but SA is no Memphis with all due respect, and does not share the same level of disparity as Memphis may have from Nashville. San Antonio is more on par with Austin in many regards, some things superior and some inferior.
Hey, I read someone's comment on SkyscraperPage once who said Austin reminded him of Jackson, Mississippi. lol