View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2015, 11:43 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Kevin, I highly doubt Austin and San Antonio will reach those projections in 8 years. Both cities would have to double in population in a very short amount of time. Now I can see Austin being as large as Sacramento (2.5 million), and San Antonio being as large as San Diego (3 million).
I agree somewhat. There's no telling with population projections. You can generalize it, but there are a lot of factors at play. My post was a sort of loose "what if" scenario. I honestly don't care which is the bigger one. While I'm a statistics geek, I've grown bored with worrying with comparisons. The only interesting aspect of that is trying to figure out where a place will be in a set number of years. Until I read the figures that kornbread posted, I wouldn't have been able to tell you off the top of my head what the populations were of the two.

And I totally agree with ILUVSAT. I've been saying for years that for our two regions to succeed that we need to cooperate and collaborate since our two cities do affect one another somewhat. Inter-regional rail, anyone?? I know I'd be hopping a train to San Antonio at least once a month if we had regular service between the two (Amtrak doesn't quite count).