View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 4:10 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.G, Ch.G View Post
Seriously? They're massing models. And the criticism has nothing to do with the design:
"It's too big," resident Marty Wallace said. "You went from 120 to 101 units. It doesn't mean anything. ... Fifteen stories is not going to work in this neighborhood at this particular time."...
Residents on Tuesday argued that 68 parking spaces wasn't nearly enough for such a large project in an already congested area. One woman said she frequently sees cars double-parking — and getting towed — outside the Starbucks that sits directly across the street from the proposed development lot. "My main concern is parking in a neighborhood that's already over-parked," said Tim Brent, a 23-year resident. "This is just too big for the neighborhood. It's not good."
Obviously the parking objections took center stage in the article, but you can't tell me the images of the building helped the developer's case.

IIRC Sedgwick has their own in-house architects and free access to SketchUp, so there is no reason why they can't show something that looks like a building and not Kim Jong Il's wet dream. Give me a rough massing and I can crap out a better sketch in 5 minutes.