View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2012, 2:14 AM

ok so they were talking about a store called JYSK in the Moncton thread.. Halifax has one and it is kind of like an IKEA from what I gather.. and on their website they talk a lot about an aggressive expansion plan..

Quote:
About JYSK

JYSK specializes in all articles for the bedroom, bathroom, living room and patio.

JYSK has stores in 34 countries with 2,000 stores worldwide and currently 52 stores across Canada. We are looking to open approximately 10 new stores in Canada per year.
Quote:
JYSK Vision

JYSK is looking to expand near you. Our goal is to have at least one JYSK store within 30 minutes of 90% of Canadians.

JYSK’s prototypical store is 18,000 to 25,000 Sq Ft.

JYSK scouts out areas with a minimum population of 25,000 people and a minimum growth rate of 3% as per Stats Canada.

JYSK stores open in shopping centers which hold at least 3 major retail anchors with a minimum of 15,000 Sq. Ft. each.
http://www.jysk.ca/expansion

so I emailed them to ask if they are going to open up in St. John's

and this is what they said: (Quick response and late at night :S)

Quote:
Hello [Jeddy],

Thank you for taking the time to submit an inquiry. St. John’s NL has a very good market. We are working towards opening a store in St. John’s, though it will not be for 2013.
In the meantime, all of our stock is available online.

Regards,
this gives me big hope that we will see a large expansion in selection in coming years (especially with Stavager growing like crazy and the unimaginable Glencrest.. with mount pearl right next to it so it will have to be new stores)

makes me happy and excited