View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 29, 2019, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b31den View Post
Highway 43x has been open for a couple weeks now. It features a traffic circle at one end and a light at the other. Apparently the light is already slated to be replaced with an interchange within the next year or two.

I have my doubts that the second bypass is going to be good for the city of Grande Prairie. It will likely lead to even more businesses leaving and setting up on the "dirt road side" of the county line. Actually, the county has so much money theyre adding hundreds of km of pavement every year.

On the plus side it has absolutely massive shoulders. They are well over a full lane width.
It looks like the Grande Prairie Bypass (Hwy 43X) extension is signed as Hwy 43, while the former section of Hwy 43 in Grande Prairie is being taken over by the city. Does anyone know if the former section within Grande Prairie will be signed as Hwy 43A (including small sections in Grande Prairie County) or is unsigned? Alberta does have some signed highways that are under local jurisdiction (i.e. Hwy 13A in Camrose).