View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 6:03 PM

This whole global warming thing is making me fucking sick. I'm so tired of it! When it comes to rising temperatures, of course its solely due to mankind! We are awesome and amazing and foolish and selfish and have such great power! But, when it comes to defending ourselves against global warming, all we can say is "New York and Los Angeles will be underwater". "Hundreds of Millions of people will drown of be left homeless" and other quotes assume that people won't, I don't know, move to a different location before their 80 year time limit is up. Fuck

This thread is about Dubai's progress, and I'd love it if it stayed that way.

I read this article: http://www.iht.com/bin/print.php?id=6515813

It tells about how Dubai would like to have the busiest air hub in the world, and why they have the advantage to do so.

Also, this quote:

"Oil revenues have been declining as a percentage of Dubai's economy prepares for the day that its reserves dwindle. Today, oil represents only 5 percent of Dubai's economy, which increasingly relies on revenue from superluxurious hotels, a growing financial center and on serving as the regional headquarters for global brands."

5 percent. I used to be under the impression that these guys were just sitting on oil money, and when it ran out, they'd be screwed. However, the ruling family of the UAE realizes that and is preparing for it, no matter how gaudy, grand, childish, or elaborate their plans are. I think its completely wise, and I give Dubai a million props for their ambitions, even though I still think Dubai is the Wisconsin Dells of the world

Also, good job on this little highlights show, nunavuter