View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2014, 6:17 PM
North End Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
With this traffic study the plan is to 4 lane Gateway from McLeod north to Sun Valley. It is ridiculous that they didn't do this off the hop when everything was already fucked up with the construction of the CPT......that is just how the city works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
The whole stretch of Gateway/Raleigh should be changed to a regular 4 lane road instead of two separate. At least to Concordia. That could provide good access to/from Lag for the whole area. The long long term plan is to have an expressway from ESP to downtown, but that's a long long long term plan.

I always thought they could put a large double roundabout (I know, might get super confusing!) at Concordia, Gateway/Raleigh and Kimberly. With a bit of a plaza area in the centre for the AT pathway. Could be a nice community place kind of thing. Probably need a pedestrian overpass though, so get's pretty expensive pretty quick.
Really guys? This is one of the only places in the North East that has any semibalance of pedestrian orientation, and you want to widen streets? No thanks.

I would rather see a PDO happen for this area asking for closer build-to lines and higher density along it in anticipation of a BRT corridor here (and close Gateway or Raleigh to automobile, more than likely Raleigh)