View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1983 View Post
St. John's Centre: Progressive Conservative gain

I'm hoping you are wrong about this one. I do not wish to see Galgay making a return to public service. I don't think Dinn has a enough time to make an impression to hold the seat for the NDP though.
Name recognition goes a long way in NL politics. It'll likely come down to a balancing act between "Galgay....I know him" and "Galgay....I know him.....what a dick".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
I can’t imagine the Liberals winning Mount Scio. I’d say it’s the PCs to lose. Not sure how Mount Pearl-Southlands will go with Paul Lane on the ballot.
I'm still leaning heavy Liberal for Mount Scio. It's a St. John's district (or is made of previous districts such as St. John's North) that has a long history of electing Liberal MHA's. Since none of the candidates stand out above the other, I'll default to the district electing the party which is currently the flavour of the week, the Liberals.

Hasan Hai is pretty well known, and is very popular among a lot of different groups of people. I'm giving him Mount Pearl-Southlands for that alone. The only real people who take issue with him are the far-right idiots who think he's a terrorist.

Nice to see you posting again, Posc. It's been a while, but I knew a politics discussion could draw you outta the corner