View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinNYC View Post
Hey, it was 1984, and my memory may be fading. Is Comalander the stadium at Blossom? Is there a need for a second stadium? How many high schools are there in the NEISD these days?

On another note, when I was a little kid I remember going to a San Antonio Wings WFL game at Alamo Stadium in 1975. It's a pretty cool old stadium.
Yes, Comalander is at the Blossom Athletic Center.

As far as attendance, most high school games in the NEISD and NISD draw about 5-7k/game. Premier games or rivalries don't usually top 11,000.

NEISD will have 7 high schools when Johnson High School is completed (next year I believe).

Unfortunantly, too many football games are having to be played on Thursday and Saturday due to scheduling conflicts at Comalander. When NISD built the second athletic complex to ease the use of Gustafson Stadium, NEISD took notice and I knew it wouldn't be long before they followed suit. It's long overdue and NEISD really needed to get another complex built. It probably won't be long before talk of an 8th High School is being needed. Long term, I think it makes sense.