View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 6:00 AM
heavy user of walkability

Hillsdale/Bay Meadows

a 20-min walk separates Hayward Park from the next station south, Hillsdale, where the Bay Meadows development is. it is also along that stretch that Caltrain is working on raising its tracks to grade-separate 25th Ave, and add new crossings at 28th and 31st Aves (moving north-to-south).

the bridge over 25th Ave was recently installed. looking west

looking south at the existing tracks next to the future elevated structure/bridge. the road will be lowered a bit once the train has been moved onto the structure

looking east. 25th Ave is a main access point for the San Mateo County Fairgrounds, just on the other side of the crossing

the future extension of 28th Ave, looking east from El Camino toward the train tracks

this barely-seen structure is a pedestrian underpass that I believe will be part of the relocated Hillsdale station (which I assume will be called Hillsdale/Bay Meadows?) between 28th and 31st Aves

I sincerely hope the plan is to make the connection to El Camino a little more conspicuous and user-friendly! I do seem to recall that the whole area between the tracks and El Camino is to be significantly redone.

31st Ave, again as seen from the El Camino side. the current Hillsdale station is just to the right of this street; the new one will be to the left

on the west side of El Camino, 31st passes through/under the revamped section of Hillsdale Mall

on the other side of the mall it hits a little roundabout

... and turns into a little quiet residential street

I've said it before, but Bay Meadows is lovely to walk around in. I am jealous of the lush and ample landscaping. a few examples

this is 28th Ave in Bay Meadows

I saw two parcels u/c. one was this:

(I think that leaves two or three residential lots still to develop, and there is one commercial lot left)

Last edited by timbad; Aug 20, 2019 at 6:22 AM. Reason: added landscape pics