View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2006, 12:09 AM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Haber8
I'm going to say this and I really, really hope I am wrong. The Human Rights Museum which I think is an amazing project which defies all the bad characteristics of Winnipeg will not happen, at least not as the amazing proposal it is now. It will probably be scaled down, becoming another mediocre compromise. I really hope this doesn't happen, but this is the way things seem to be going. Just as soon as the city starts to get some momentum we shoot ourselves in the foot. How Winnipeg!
Unless you were born yesterday (which I realize many around here almost were) you'd have to have recognized from the start that the Human Rights Museum was a longshot. The idea with this sort of thing is that you announce something impressive but underfunded and then hope public excitement will put enough pressure on the government to provide the missing cash. I think they kind of overreached with this, and obviously the Aspers were blindsided by the election of a Tory government that they don't have much influence with. But who knows...maybe it will come together somehow.

Last edited by Andy6; Oct 11, 2006 at 12:20 AM.