View Single Post
Old Posted May 30, 2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
Yes!

Too late now.

I go here every few weeks to see my eye doctor. If I take the 29 Sherbrook bus, I have to walk from the corner, to the very busy parking area that leads to the entrance.

Just the one entrance.

Just bad design. How did no one mention this during the approval stage?

And on returning, I have to walk a fair bit to the Rehab bldg. to catch the 29 bus, which has usually just left that stop and have to wait 15-20 mins. inside or the unheated shelter for the next one.

Those elevators sure get a lot of traffic. Would have been nice to get another lift installed.

On a good note, the last time I visited the Clinic someone called me on my cell phone. I wanted some privacy in talking, so I meandered down the hallway, to discover a mini-cafe had just opened a month previous. Nice decor.
This has to be one of the most poorly conceived, recently constructed buildings I've set foot in. Sure, the old Manitoba Clinic building had too few and slow elevators, but at least there were some doctors offices on the 2nd and 3rd floor you could walk up to. The new clinic has conveniently added 4 levels of parking above the main floor, so you're not going to get a lot of upwards stairwell traffic to relieve the pressure of the, again, too slow and few elevators in the new building. I can't wait until it fills up - some floors seem like they're only about half full right now.

Also, why did they build all that parking if they're not letting people park in there?