View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 5:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm pretty sure I remember the one on north Main near Kingsbury being there in the 1980s. There might be a couple of others that date back that far as well.

The number of Tims locations in town really exploded over a decade starting around 1995 or so.
There were so many Robin's Donuts back in the 80s/90s. They just could not compete with Tim Hortons, and their aggressive expansion into Western Canada in the early 2000s. Don't recall too much about Coffee Time, other than there was a location downtown off Graham Ave.

When did Starbucks first enter the Winnipeg market? Never cared for it. I always preferred Second Cup.

Slightly off topic, it was a shame that Athletes Wear closed shop around 2001. I recall when Athletes Wear 2 on Pembina and Grant opened in the late 80s. By the late 90s, there were four Athletes Wear locations in the city, with one in Brandon. I guess they expanded too quick. I also miss McNally-Robinson. They continue to operate their flagship store in Grant Park, as it opened in 1996. I recall Calgary having a location on Stephen Ave in downtown, but it went out of business in 2007.