View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 12, 2016, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
They can put a 10 screen theater by the highway. If people want to kill a couple of hours in the dark eating $10 popcorn what difference does it make? That's a really large footprint and if you have that kind of frontage you should have as many places that interact with those surroundings. Maybe the theater will be a buffer to the scrap yard?

I could imagine a smaller 4-screen theater forming a type of courtyard where they occasionally show a free movie or a Spurs game.

It did sound like they are planning to do something useful that with their food court area, so that's good unless they drop in a Chile's or Crab Shack.
You're right! The movie theater will be against the scrap yard--just South of the cannery building. The site plan is on the MySanAntonio article gallery.

They want to do an icehouse concept that connects onto the river and maybe a live music venue.

I would imagine signing Cinemark and Punch Bowl helped with financing, but there will be local concepts here as well. This is going to be a really special place that elevates the perception of San Antonio, in my opinion. All the renderings I've seen are stunning!