View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2009, 6:02 PM
I'm Back!

This goes down easily as one of my all time favorite southern US skyscrapers and one of my favorites period! You have to see this monster in person to really appreciate it and its place in the skyline. Charlotte should be darn proud to have this gorgeous work of art in their city. I know if I could figure out a way to dig it up and get it to Nashville, I would do it right now. I love it!! Combine this tower with its neighbor tower, Hearst Tower, and you have a match made in heaven. It's almost like the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building together. The one tower works off the other and both make it perfect in a sense. Both of these towers are really remarkable skyscrapers! I just wish BofA Tower was more personable with the public, outside of the performing arts center. Instead, it is shut tight and visitors are looked upon with skepticism it seems. Hearst is able to capture the public with its shopping plaza out in front slightly better. But even it (the tower itself) is rather cold to visitors.

If I may, I would like to add a couple of pictures I got of it back this past spring!!

These pictures are rather large, so please forgive me for that. I think architecture photography is best viewed in semi-high resolution. Details pop out much easier that way.

Looking up!

Skyline position defined very well in this perspective. Downtown Charlotte is really nice!

The base of the tower. This isn't seen as often in pictures, but this is where it meets the human element first hand. The base of this tower is very imposing on the "Main Entrance" side, opposite of the theatre entrance.

And how can you not post a pic of it lit up at night?? Stunning work with the crown of the tower!'

"InitialD" is the man when it comes to all stuff Charlotte! I really enjoyed meeting him while I was there!!!

Last edited by Lexy; Oct 24, 2009 at 6:13 PM.