View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 1, 2019, 4:20 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Jack, do you honestly believe they’re applying that to block the view from inside the building? As if there was a meeting were a bunch of business people decided they wanted to block the views for the sake of blocking the view? Come on Jack. You’re better than that.
No, I don't honestly believe that. I was using the example of how it is a bad design to exemplify the shortsightedness. Thanks for the nice compliment. Right back atcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDanPrime View Post
Also Jack, curtains, really?! Are those still a thing?! My gramma says yes, so maybe!
I used "curtains" as a general category of anything that can be used inside the building which can be changed easily depending on the user's choice. They can be put up and taken down. There can also be a wide variety of "curtains" used. In offices I've been in, I've had vertical blinds that worked really well. They gave me the option (as the person in the office) of opening them all the way to see the view, closing them for privacy or to block the sun, or to open them partially to have any option between the two extremes.

People in these office will have one option: an obstructed view.

Frost Tower is an all-glass building in hot San Antonio that will have unobstructed views. What are they using in it?

Happy new year, everyone!