View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 7:17 PM

Interview with Outgoing CEO Doyle Beneby

Rivard Report article/interview with CPS CEO Doyle Beneby reveals some interesting tidbits about CPS HQ plans and the EPIcenter. Looks like plans will be presented before EOY for a new HQ to be built. Plus, I'm exciting for the potential game changer the EPIcenter will be as a hub for education, innovation and research. Attracting talent and development to SA.

"RR: Some in the downtown and development community were surprised to see CPS Energy move ahead with its request for proposals from design/build firms for a new headquarters...Have you and your committee members decided whether to go with new construction or consider existing commercial office space?
DB: ... I fully expect for Paula and team to continue on with our plan to secure a new downtown headquarters solution for our employees, and I would imagine that decision will be made before the end of the year.
RR: Speaking of real estate, CPS Energy announced plans earlier this year to develop a Center for Innovation (EPIcenter) at the former Mission Road Power Plant, ... What exactly do you envision there? Will it be a sort of energy museum and demonstration sight for new technologies or something else?
DB: The EPIcenter plans will continue on. In fact, we have incorporated and are currently conducting a search for the center’s executive director. The EPIcenter will be an energy museum, clean technology showcase and research and development (R&D) lab, that offers office and conference space as well."

http://www.therivardreport.com/conve...-doyle-beneby/