View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2013, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontall View Post
Cincinnati,OHIO .....will be a NEW MECCA at the top of the List when it comes to River Cities that actually have their downtown on the RIVERFRONT THIS NEW BUILDING WILL LOOK NICE....and pretty to our SKYLINE....I WISH SOMEONE WILL MAKE A PICTURE WITH IT ACTUALLY BUILT IN OUR SKYLINE SO WE CAN GET a VISUAL on how it will actually look.....TAKE THAT Louisville, Indianapolis, Columbus, Cleveland, and st.louis copy cat cities!!!.........CINCINNATI THE NEW CAPITAL OF THE MIDWEST Chicago took our swag in the 1930's but we will come back.....from the dirt and dust......NOW THATS WHAT U CALL RESURGENCE to my fellow CINCINNATIANS!!
I'm glad Cincinnati is seeing a good amount of downtown revitalization, but so is every other city that you just bashed and called......"copycats"? Just because Cincinnati is seeing some nice towers going up doesn't mean its Midwestern peer cities will not. Cities just develop differently. Here in St. Louis we still have about a dozen or so historic buildings, the size of a city block, with redevelopment plans lined up waiting for funding. We also have one of the strongest rental markets in the Midwest right now. I'm sure when they get filled up we will see similar projects and will that makes us copycats? That's as weird as me saying that Cincinnati is a copycat and not the real deal, because St. Louis built its light rail 20 years ago and Cincinnati is just getting a streetcar....see how stupid that is?