View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 2:25 PM
Fourth and Main

It's from much further out than that. It's from western Ashe County. The distance was so impressive, it was in a news story, several years ago. You can see layers of mountains increasing in height. From what I've seen, you need a very clear day, the sun likely has to be on the other side of the skyline (notice most of these are just shadows from the back of the skyscrapers with a rising or setting sun behind them), and you need an amazing lens.

Winston-Salem:
View from Fancy Gap, Virginia, taken by SSP/SSC forum member Flash. I found this on SSC, if I remember correctly? It's clear enough to identify the individual buildings. It's 46 miles / 75 kilometres.

Has anyone tried to photograph Winston-Salem from West Virginia? The photograph above is about half-way to West Virginia. Something that surprises me: The Hawthorne Hill Skyline in Winston-Salem never shows-up in distance views? It should be to the right of downtown in the skyline view above. It must be hidden in a valley, behind the tall ridges in the city?