View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 3:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
From that article, Mayor Kenney: "I understand their issues and their considerations. I understand that they’re a publicly-traded company..."

Can you elaborate on what you "understand" Jimmy? Your corporate tax burden is high and Market East has devolved into an absolute embarrassment since the Aramark building was initially constructed?

I don't blame Aramark for not wanting their prestige clients/consultants/business partners to walk out the front door to the daily shit show that is Market East: the Black Israelites, the Methadone Clinic, the dead/depressing mall, the low-rent sneaker stores. As optimistic as we all are about Market East's future (at least 1 project, anyways) this company has had to coexist during its worst past and present, all the while the city takes a back seat to do-nothing developers (Goldenberg), incompetent ones (PREIT), parking squatters (Parkway/Zuritsky), and slumlords (Rappaport) along this stretch.

You reap what you sow - the city should have been a force cleaning up ME for the last 10 years, and hasn't been - now they are in danger of losing one of its most high profile corporate tenants to, literally, greener pastures as a result.
Have you been on Market east recently? Doesn't seem like it....