View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 31, 2010, 9:09 AM

Yea I had read the recommendations before also and it said they did not approve the changes. I guess they back down from that. After seeing how it will look I agree that the additions remove the unique qualities of Municipal Auditorium. It's as if they didn't even try to make it blend in with the portion on the auditorium that they are saving. It's in no way scaled to fit the building as it should. I hope changes are made. There was a report on CNN a couple of weeks ago about Austin turning an old structure into a new and impressive performing arts center. It loked amazing and I hope we can make something just as grand, if not better, than it. But from the renderings I see it's like taking a step back. Sure we get a new state of the art performing arts center but we lose the asthetics of this remarkable historic strucutre. I just wish they would have tried a little more on trying to at least make it seem like it fits seemlessly w/ the building rather than having it look like something just crashed into municipal auditorium.