View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2008, 4:14 PM
The Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreattait View Post
Umm that's one sick activity you do for fun, you seriously go around telling religious groups and people what they are doing wrong, for the sole purpose of making yourself feel better about your own believes or lack there of.
How is this not exactly what Christian groups do? Please... I'd be interested for you to point out how my highlighting what they are "doing wrong" to make me "feel better" is any different than the tactics utilized and what they foist from the pulpit. (hey, I just got to point out another hypocrisy, thanks!).

Secondly, of course I'm not really going down to Steinbach with a sign! I never said I was going to, just that I would "like to." Much like how I'd like to get a BJ from Scarlett Johansson.... I've said it many times, yet it still hasn't transpired.

Please note, if I'm going to do something, I will clearly indicate it. "Like to" is a dream, not a declaration of pending action.

Quote:
What about teachings of forgiveness, who's to say that if these people vote for Vic its not because they believe that we are all human and can make mistakes and that perhaps this man has made some mistakes in his life, and that at the same time he is still capable of representing their best interests for the community.
Did Vic ask for forgiveness? Or, is everyone in Steinbach and the Mennonite churches turning a blind eye? Trust me, no asking for the forgiveness of the Provencher electorate has been made. In '06, Vic ran as an old-fashioned moralist, showcasing his family and playing up social values. Liar!

Quote:
I don't see why you should be going and telling these people how to vote based off of your sick pleasures of pointing out hypocrisy.
I refer you to my earlier response re: "telling people what they are doing wrong." Again, religious groups seem to be allowed to do it, why can't I?

If anything, you've helped to highlight a common Christian notion that majority opinion is allowed many enhanced freedoms of speech as opposed to a minority view such as mine. Besides, I'm an obscure internet poster here on SSP. I ask... which is less problematic... me here on an internet forum, or the Winkler sign? What do you find more outrageous?

Quote:
While I don't support Vic nor do I denounce him, I can still respect the man for accomplishments he's made and the effort he has put in to serve his country and constituents. Just like I can respect other MPs for their good works even though they may not follow all of the same believes as I do.
While I don't vote for the Cons, and I am not a fan of Vic, I do understand your argument as there have been certain MPs or MLAs from parties that I oppose, which I have personally respected the work they have done and their dedication to our country, province, blah blah blah.

Quote:
Just a thought but maybe you should put your efforts into something more productive and beneficial.
If everyone here put their efforts into something productive and beneficial, we wouldn't be posting to internet forums now would we?

Anyway, will the hard-core Mennonites vote strategically, or will they decide based on their beliefs and vote for the Christian Heritage Party? Guess we'll see!

Last edited by DowntownWpg; Sep 19, 2008 at 4:28 PM.