View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2008, 4:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownWpg View Post
And, a note about Provencher (Vic Toews):

It'll be interesting to see if this Mennonite-dominated area is willing to turn a blind eye, and become total hypocrites in voting for Vic Toews.

Toews has fathered a child out of wedlock with a much younger woman (apparently in her early '20s). As such, he's now undergoing a very messy divorce.
Source: Click Here (page two of the article)

Vic's a man who so obviously defied one of the most basic of the 'core family values.' He's a man who in elections past portrayed himself as an old-fashioned moralist. Are they willing to turn a blind eye and stick-it to God/Jesus/the Church/the Ten Commandments? We'll see. You can be sure that in another Toews landslide, most of those votes would've been from someone of a Mennonite or otherwise religious fundamental background. They're doing their best in Steinbach to have this issue go away.

Remember last election, when a sign went up in Winker (another heavily Mennonite area), indicating that "A vote for the Liberals is a vote for the Devil" (in reference to same-sex marriage). I'd like to go down to Steinbach this weekend with my own sign: "A vote for Toews is a vote for adultery." Though, I'll try to think up something a bit wittier...

Don't get me wrong... I'm not religious myself. But I do so enjoy watching (and pointing out) the hypocrisy and contradictions of religious groups.
/ALeqM5g2UVGvdEMmroNVnoo3vZcsj8FWAQ[/url]
Umm that's one sick activity you do for fun, you seriously go around telling religious groups and people what they are doing wrong, for the sole purpose of making yourself feel better about your own believes or lack there of. What about teachings of forgiveness, who's to say that if these people vote for Vic its not because they believe that we are all human and can make mistakes and that perhaps this man has made some mistakes in his life, and that at the same time he is still capable of representing their best interests for the community. I don't see why you should be going and telling these people how to vote based off of your sick pleasures of pointing out hypocrisy.

While I don't support Vic nor do I denounce him, I can still respect the man for accomplishments he's made and the effort he has put in to serve his country and constituents. Just like I can respect other MPs for their good works even though they may not follow all of the same believes as I do.

Just a thought but maybe you should put your efforts into something more productive and beneficial.

Last edited by thegreattait; Sep 19, 2008 at 5:33 AM.