View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 1:59 AM
ARTchitecture

That is terrible to think of BCs population declining, but I could also see it happening, just because of the absolutely insane cost of housing and lack of decent paying jobs for entry level educated youth. It would be nice to see a major correction in BCs real estate market, but that would also be accompanied by a severe economic recession for the region. Perhaps it needs to happen, in order for the province to have a better future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris2k7 View Post
I think that one of Alberta's strengths, growth-wise, as that it isn't all focused on one metropolitan area. Although Calgary and Edmonton certainly take credit for a big chunk of it, there is plenty of growth in smaller urban centres.
I agree, it's also a strength of Saskatchewan as well, thanks to both provinces having a very wide population distribution throughout their geographic area compared to other large provinces. If we overtake BC by 2020, that would be huge. Hitting 5 million by 2021, who knows, maybe the east may start taking the west seriously as major players? That would be nice, especially since BC likely wouldn't be far behind us hitting 5 million.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.