View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2006, 7:13 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayone
To answer that question, on my way to the hike and bike, I let my curiousity direct me toward 360's site, well to my surprise there was no work going on. The site looks interesting, after my walk on the trail I followed the trail along Shoal creek and I found a bridge that crosses Shoal Creek. It leads you to the fence of the sites perimeter not 15 ft from what appears to be a 60' x 80' grid of marking sticks on the SW corner of the work area, which is very flat and possibly compacted. Also an area leading away from the grid to the north seems to have some slats in an arrangement but this area slopes away from the main grid. I tried to imagine what the layout was but I'm clueless. I get the impression the footprint of the main tower is in the former grid, and I tell you that ftprint doesn't look very big, leading me to think the tower will seem somewhat narrow even from the wider side view. I also tried to imagine if it were in a NW to SE or vice versa orientation, again I haven't any idea! Also there is now 4 trailers on the site, I thought there were 2 last wkend. And there was a good amount of rebar in piles near the work trailers. Along the drive down to the 360 site I went by the Spring site and I'm not certain but I swore they had a smallish billboard up only last wkend, now I believe it is gone! I could have missed it, but I'm pretty sure it's gone. I think someone posted a pic of it on another thread, sorry I didn't go the the thread to post this. But I was truelly surprised to see the 360 site was not up and running Stray

They may have finished whatever needed to be done before the official groundbreaking ceremony wich is on Tuesday. I havn't been by in several days but they were definatly working on it quite a bit the times I went by. Once I went by and it was at 1AM and they had flood lights and everything and people working. They probably wont be doing much till the official groundbreaking.