View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 24, 2010, 1:45 AM

The conundrum Regina is in is that the Brandt centre is only a 6300 seat facility with a low ceiling,and has been passed over by more shows than we know. Elton John is one I remember. If it wasn't for Mosaic stadium, ACDC and the Stones and Bon Jovi would not even have heard of Regina.

The idea a few of you posters mentioned to build a 10 to 15 thousand seat hockey arena and an outdoor football facility is valid but Brandt centre is connected to Evraz place which just went through a 60 mil reno so I don't see the Brandt getting demolished and it doesn't make sense to have the Brandt plus a new arena and an outdoor football stadium. Kapish? So I don't understand why folks keep mentioning it.

The best option I see is keeping the Brandt for small stuff and the proposed new multi purpose building for football and having the opportunity for every other possible show and event that is out there that all the large centres get. Yes it is an expensive venture but there probably will be a surcharge on every event that it gets including football and will be financed that way just like an airport improvement fee finances airport expansions.

The Riders brand is a money making machine and the fans alone will probably pay for this facility if it's done right. (merchandising)