View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 27, 2013, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldSmith View Post
1.100 patrons relates to the size of restaurant not the number of "tenants" (though the building does have 99 units.) Also, they are condo owners and not tenants.
2. The condo board is elected by the condo owners and sent letters on their behalf.
3. The Mgmt company gets most of the complaints directly from the condo owners. They know the issues and have had to try to work with this non-cooperative restaurant. That is why they sent the letter.
4. The residents are not opposed to developments just ones done by a restaurant with a poor track record and complete disregard for neighbours. (EG failure to sound proof, disregard for waste rules, indifference to security, etc.)
5. Not to be rude but you really don't know what you are talking about and don't have any first hand knowledge. I understand you want to think of this as a simple issue where suburbanites move downtown and then complain that it is too loud but it is more complex.
1-Yes i Know 100 patrons, 99 units would actually equate to even more people living in the "CONDO" probably more like 150.Tenant - 3. an occupant or inhabitant of any place. Irrelavent in talking about inhabitants of any place, refer to them as owners or tenants could have siad resident as well.
2- Condo board elected by owners? Isn't this always the case? and....
3-Complaints sent. How many owners complainded 5 10 20 more?
4-Noise, Smells, security should be addressed if their are ongoing problems with a current establishment but who's to say the same would occur in the future with another one.
5- You know, I'm ok with peoples opinions when thier not rude, are you not the poster that put up a picture of someone a while back..hmmmm..you obviously have 1st hand exp. You own a condo in the block?