View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
No it’s not. The Grand Hyatt not old at all. That said, to the other guy it’s about the design. I like how the internet is full of unessary comments that’s lead to idiocy.
*unnecessary; i went ahead a fixed that spelling error you had there, kid

Oh, my!

It is the first of its kind in the business district of downtown to be built in over 30 years. It is also the first office tower to be built since 1989. It is a substantial project, which has already been receiving credit by other developers to consider building and developing similar projects in the area. If this momentum continues, San Antonio, Texas could have its first downtown highrise building boom in over 30 years; a much-needed change to its bland canvas of overused representation of historical sites, with no prospect in its architectural makeup or its societal context toward future development of a true mixture of metropolitan of art and design to be appreciated within one city downtown.

big things are happening in San Antonio. I hope...
And I also hope we can be so "what the fuzz" or "blasé" regarding these types of buildings as does many in Austin now feel toward their downtown. But they will never have our walkable, unique downtown - we just need a few modern highrises to mix in with the old, and we will truly be one unique South Texas city!