View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2010, 8:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaht82 View Post
Not huge news, mostly an update, but Subway is leasing space in Vistana, suite 128. Its the corner by the entrance facing Santa Rosa. It still allows over 13K contiguous sq. ft for another larger tenant (if necessary.)

I think this is a good sign for our local economy; I'm beginning to see small retail pop up at different centers. The Ridge (1604/Lockhill) is almost 100%, Alon Town Center has gained a couple more tenants in the past couple of months and has a few "coming soon" signs, Quarry Village has Urban Taco coming soon and has added a few others since S&H left. It shouldn't be long before we see some more things pop up around DT.
I'm glad you're optimistic, but I'm still concerned. Despite the relocation of World Market, Park North is still largely devoid of tenants in the main building (and it's just plain a weird development, with weird traffic planning, scary parking garages and ugly, featureless storefronts), and the shopping center where I work at San Pedro and 410 (Plaza Del Norte, though most know it as the Best Buy shopping center) is becoming a ghost town, especially the Isom Road side (I work at Half-Price Books). I hope the Vistana can attract some relocation back downtown, because too much has moved out to The Rim and La Cantera.

Flickr Blog Site