View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 4:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CudaAhBuda_NYC View Post
What's done at the site could be used to continue the Twin Towers II. Just because you see steel high up where the Freedom Tower is doesn't mean anything, it could be converted to WTC 5 for the Twin Towers II.
No it can't, why do you guys keep saying that?

You're talking about integrating a reinforced concrete and steel base, along with 24 60 feet, 70 ton steel beams, and about eighty feet of steel cage into an office building? Do you think that will appease viewers? The building already has an outline, and you're actually willing to go deep into the ground and dig that up? That's the part of the site plan that I don't get the most. The Freedom Tower is going up, no matter what you think.

Why don't you try telling the Luxembourg factories, who spent hundreds of man hours milling and fabricating the steel. They just put up a Manitowoc with an 118 foot long boom, so I guess that qualifies as nothing.

Like I said before, Larry Silverstein and the PA aren't going to turn back, especially with these points, and you keep thinking these companies have money to spend. Have you even been reading all the impasses stated in the posts above?

Let me ask you this, in a sense of the site, not towers, not compromise, but in the post 9/11 era. Are you(the construction managers) actually willing to walk on that site, and take down a building for something ''better''?