View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I didn't read anything. But from my knowledge of geotechnical issues, there are time limits on certain items. It's a temporary vs. permanent thing.

The shoring may be designed for a temporary condition, or a condition where as they run risk of shoring failure if they leave it sitting too long. Ground water pressures change due to excavation, etc. I've seen some failures on recent projects where the contractor let excavations sit too long, and they failed. Including a shoring wall.
City said in their presser this morning that the current shoring is the temporary kind.

Drofmab, I agree we should all be skeptical. I think there's some optimism that maybe, just maybe, the city is trying to do something. I thought it was odd to have a whole press conference. They could have issued a press release and saved Folk from having to dance around some of the questions she can not answer for legal reasons.

Judging from the pieces about Fortress that keep cropping up in out of province media, I doubt they can afford to finish this and are holding this lot as an asset.