View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2007, 4:21 AM

Thanks, guys! Wish I were still in town to take more. These are all a little hazy because they were taken at the height of the smoke from the brush fire in Helotes. Though, after spending a summer in Montana during forest-fire season, SA's got it easy. I've gotta say, the great, free-access DT views are disappearing as all the hills in the NW side are being developed and becoming gated. The far north and northeast sides have views as well, but the hills are'nt near as high as the Helotes/Camp Bullis area (around 1500'). Still, for a great downtown view, NE-siders should try Comanche Lookout Park on Nacogdoches just inside 1604. Early in the morning, when the light is right, you can get great detail of DT if you have a good camera with a true-optical or telephoto zoom (not a digital zoom). Especially if you go a day after it rains, so the moisture takes all the particles out of the air. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to when the weather was perfect. Anyway, here are some large-scale pics from NW-side vantage points, plus some bonus shots of Austin.

Downtown from Crownridge

Downtown from Camp Bullis area

Stone Oak area from Camp Bullis

Medical Center from San Antonio Ranch subdivision in Helotes

Downtown Austin from S. Congress

Night shots from New Year's Eve

a quickr pickr post

Flickr Blog Site