View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 9, 2012, 3:28 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
it however will not be the the world's tallest wheel because the Beijing wheel is 208m.
I don't believe that one ever got completed, but if it has, yes it would be taller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
I'm just not convinced the investors will turn a profit,
If you're worried about investors turning a profit, you shouldn't be. They're in it for a reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY
I'm concerned that it may often be under-utilized and that would make me kind of sad. Like I said, I have no crystal ball, but comparing this to other observation wheels and their locations within their cities, the Staten Island proposal would be more off-center than it's predecessors.
But you still fail to understand the underlying reason it's being proposed where it is, and why the City is on board with it.

Quote:
The site, like the parcel of land where the proposed wheel would be constructed, is emblematic of the area's untapped potential -- with jaw-dropping views and an estimated 2 million visitors every year, who these days just graze by after hopping off the ferry, before simply turning around and hopping back on.
There is already a built-in base to draw from. But it will be an attraction of its own, generating it's own visitors and tourists alike.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.