View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandCritter View Post
The last few events I have attended at SaskPlace (always will be) I have always taken the bus. It is so easy and convenient. So people complaining about parking can bark all they want, but really there are other options that are convenient to get to where you need to go. (don't get me wrong I like driving as well, but I know the pain it can be when going to those events.)

Just read the comments section of any news article and its parking, parking, parking. You are correct 5 blocks is not that far in a city like Saskatoon. Such a weird mentality.
I really do think they need to try and find land somewhere along 2nd, 3rd or 4th and avenues to build this alomg where all the BRT are supposed to overlap. Even if they have to add skywalks or something for people it would make travel to and from events so much better. Having gone to events at the Saddledome its so nice to be able to just hop on and off the C Train.

As far as parking goes its not like a lot of events overlap normal daytime business hours. So I dont see how its a big issue. maybe someone will build a large multi access parking garage nearby? I read a report quite some time ago that suggested 300,000 people traveled in and out of downtown Calgary for work everyday. Theres no way they all drive. Its probably best that mentality starts to change in Saskatoon even if its forced on us a bit.