View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 28, 2008, 2:31 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Oh what a sad sad loss. I'd take an empty lot over the current Chicago Spire. The Fortham Spire worked much more with the Chicago Skyline.
I find it laughable how many times you bring up the subject of how the Chicago Spire destroys the Chicago skyline and whatnot, when the big three that comprise the current skyline in Chicago have all respectively 'destroyed' their part of the skyline by totally dominating it in the same sense that Chicago Spire will. Considering the tremendous infill going on in Streeterville (like the Waldorf Astoria) to the North and the ridiculously tall Lakeshore East plan the entire area of downtown that Chicago Spire sits in will be inundated with new buildings. LSE is going to be one of the densest areas in North America, and the height of the buildings there (including Aqua, the BCBS vertical expansion, 340 On The Park and the unnamed Arquitectonica building) will make Aon just a meager peak in that area. If Chicago Spire wasn't built, that area would just lump out in terms of the skyline. Chicago's skyline is going to fill up a lot faster and a lot more pronounced than I think you realize.

Judge for yrself (renderings by Ryan81)

Seriously, if you think Chicago Spire is going to destroy the Chicago skyline you must be flipping shit about all the other tall stuff being built around there.

Last edited by CGII; Feb 28, 2008 at 2:43 AM.