View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
I've heard complaints about the hospital's design, but it is a much need facility that is light years ahead of the Cathedral Hill (previously Jack Tar) Hotel and office building that formerly occupied the entire block.
I live a few blocks away and I'm not only fine with it, I look forward to having one of the city's best hospitals within walking distance--not only for myself but I have a good friend who also lives not far (in a different location) and who has bad asthma requiring frequent ER visits and he hates the closest alternative, St. Francis. Last winter he got the flu and was in bad shape and had an ambulance take him to the current Pacific Heights location of PMC rather than go to St. Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
I like the way the very large medical office building respects its Polk Street neighbor, the historic Pierce Arrow car dealership.
As I'm sure you know, long time since they sold a Pierce Arrow there but not so long since its current (homeless) tenants were hanging out on both street sides and either shooting up or having a bowel movement in the alley on another side.

But, yes, it's architecture is nice and worth preserving and respecting.