View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
very interesting. Reminds me a lot of Cote des Neiges district in Montreal, where I once lived.
Wow, Cote des Neiges, I think I know what you mean.

I have to say, when I went to Montreal-Nord to visit my aunt years ago, it reminded me of Toronto area and made me feel kinda homesick as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
Nice pictures. Where is Cooksville, exactly? Obviously it's somewhere along Dundas Street.
Thank you. Cooksville is centered around the intersection of Hurontario Street and Dundas Street. All of these photos were taken along the two streets. Hurontario is the main street but like Yonge it is perpendicular to the lake and this neighhourhood is not close to the lakeshore.

I only rediscovered these photos a couple weeks ago and I was surprised by them. I don't remember the exact purpose of these photos or why I did not photograph the actual Hurontario and Dundas intersection. It is an extremely busy intersection, as the transfer point between the two busiest routes, so any photos might mislead people into thinking that Cooksville is full of pedestrian activity or something.

I have photographed the intersection before, but I only focused on the people. Here are some photos from 2006, I just hastily re-edited and re-uploaded. If you guys like these maybe I will re-edit and re-upload the rest from that day. I know this website is about skyscrapers so I understand if you guys are not interested in people pictures. I don't do these type of pictures anymore anyways, so no hard feelings either way. Maybe they help provide a more complete portrait of the neighbourhood but I think maybe my more recent photos actually illustrate the demographics better, which I think was what MolsonExport was referring to.

Btw, after rediscovering these Cooksville Village photos and finishing editing them a few days ago, I found a whole bunch more photos that I took along Dundas Street later that same month but in Toronto. Seriously I don't know I could forget about all these photos. Maybe pandemic distracting me too much or something. So yeah, maybe look out for Toronto: Dundas Street West thread in a week or two.