View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2007, 9:13 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L View Post
Yes, it is boring. I watch their plays and it is basic run accross the court and shoot plays. They don't use any strategy. Their only saving grace is that they have good point makers. If that's what you want then go for it. However, it is boring as a form of entertainment.
From your posts I can tell you watch very little NBA basketball. I think your Houston bias (for sports) plays more into this than any actual basketball analyzing on your part. First, the Spurs usually apply a motion offense which calls for a lot of pick and roles, very similar to Phoenix. When they do go into their half court offense they 7 out of 10 times go with 4 down which is give the ball to Tim, if he can't get anything he dishes out to the wing or three point line.

Houston, with Van Gundy, had to be one of the slowest and boriest teams in the NBA along with Detroit and Minny. Their only redeeming piece is Tracy McGrady but he's now too injured to be explosive and to streaky to be a good shooter. Dunks carry you only so far, just look at his cousin Vince Carter. Are the Spurs the most exciting team in the NBA? No, but they're not anywhere near the most boring either.