View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2016, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post
Does ITC have to move? I actually like where they are located. I feel like with the new development of Hemisfair park the ITC is in a perfect location already. If the plan is to demo ITC, I'm very disappointed. It seems like Hemisfair is changing so much there will be nothing left from the 1968 version of the park except the Tower. I'm hoping to be proven wrong but I still not on board with some of the plans for the park. Like adding street grid from the neighborhood that existed before 1968. The possible removal of all the fountains around the tower also. I know they were not original but their a fan favorite among locals.
I'm not sure how much of what's left of Hemisfair '68 should stay. Of what remains, I am in favor of keeping the federal courthouse and judicial training center, the women's pavilion, the Mexican Cultural Institute, the Lila Cockrell theater, and of course the tower. The ITC has such a massive footprint that I think there's too much opportunity for that space to allow it to remain the way it is. I am also massively in favor of restoring the street grid.