View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
I honestly thought this whole time it was going to be across the street on the river, where that long parking lot is. I'm not in love with the actual location. However, may be with this new building others around it will update their exterior. Also, the power lines - I am sure they will be removed, which should only further the need to update and gentrify they immediate surrounding area. On the plus side, to building should go up so much faster - an issue if it was right on the River. And because it is more commercial, apartments and condominiums, it will go up faster than the Frost.
I could be mistaken, but I believe that First Baptist of San Antonio owns the parking lot you're talking about, south of the river.

Yes, the lot that the Thompson is being built on is rather skinny, but I actually think that is incredibly promising; if they can build something as beautiful as the Thompson on such a small footprint, imagine what they could do with other lots of its size around downtown!

The area does indeed need massive improvement; IMO the Indigo and El Tropicano themselves are both eyesores. As are most of the buildings in their immediate vicinity. The good thing is that there are dozens (if not more) surface parking lots just in this part of downtown alone. I'm sort of fantasizing about them all being bought up and having high-rises like the Thompson being built on them.