View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2005, 2:19 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowinUp
I think this is funny -- I went into the Aura office today and the nice lady working in there asked me, "Hey, dont you make wine or something like that?" So then I'm thinking to myself, "Weird, man, she must be clairvoyant!" Turns out she frequents our little SSP.com boards but is not a registered user. I think she sits idly by and laughs at our posts as we wince and writhe in pain over the fact we have no clue what's going on with these projects. Of course I say all this with tongue-in-cheek as I expect her to be reading this.

LOL, that's great to hear GrowinUp. Talk about a lady well connected with the community.

BTW your probably right about the fact that she most likely gets a kick out of our less that expert commentary, about the various projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowinUp
My new friend told me this -- Both project WILL break ground by the end of the year. 621 will be pile-driving, but Aura is using a new method that employs a large auger of some sort that I guess kinda screws the pilons deep into the ground. This should be interesting, I thought -- I bet it's much quieter than pile-driving.

Well I figured Aura would start construction even before taking any hard cash for their units. Nassi has already secured his financing, which (though I'm guessing here) might have had something to do with the overwhelming response to the Towers sales event. Proven or unproven, Banks are savy enough to know when something new is worth the risk Apparently they feel he's a proven developer and that the community is ready for these kinds of projects.

As far as 621, (Call me Majin), but I'll believe it's ready for construction when I see it. I know they've been doing a lot of site prep (or utilities work on site). But we've heard plenty of false start dates enough to make even the most optimistic person a tad cynical.

Interesting bit of information regarding the use of the auguer for drilling the piles. Is anyone awre of any other highrise in Sacramento that has used that method before?

Thanks for all the updates and pics.

Last edited by urban_encounter; Nov 23, 2005 at 2:17 AM.