View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 6:03 PM

I think Vancouver with its tight proximity to the existing Amazon HQ and Canadian immigration laws v American immigration laws keep it in the running but it is long shot. Calgary is completely off the board unless there are absolutely stupid concessions on the table. Same with anything east of Montreal in Canada. I would also put anything in Quebec as a longer shot too due to slightly different laws in that province.

I think in the US somewhere northeast but not on the coast would be a strong contender. Seen lots of mentions of Detroit. Also seen stories that they have lots of fairly big office style buildings basically looking for tenants. Sure you are likely still putting cash in put you aren't starting from the ground and can significantly shorten your move in time. Detroit is likely to also throw out some huge concessions to turn things around in their city.

If Winnipeg is serious about landing an Amazon you need to think much smaller. Build up a culture and support system for those early start ups moving out of garages and basements and get them coming here. You might need to take a lot of swings at those balls before you hit the game winning home run but if you keep netting the small fish in the pond one of them will eventually turn into the whale you want to land.