View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2020, 8:31 PM
SA 24th largest city

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Max, we had a misunderstanding. Regardless, you are still shamelessly ignorant to reality. By that I mean, you understand, a developer can’t just bury those lines, right. The city has to. Imagine if a developer just buried the power lines on their property, how does the rest of the now disconnected power line get power?

Again, you’re grip is based in truth but your hostility is aimed incorrectly.

This isn’t a common thing in San Antonio, it happens everywhere.
For lack of a better word to your response- Duhh. Sorry, but it is YOUR ignorance that stands in the way. Of course the utilities are not the developers responsibility. Of course it is expensive to bury but if the idea is to rid streets of ugliness (poles) then the city should take aim at doing so at any chance. These are chances. How do you think utilities run in and out of the Quarry district. Poles surround the development but there are none within it.
There is a uniqueness to this zone for the very fact that there are no poles. So of course there is a way to connect. Please. I have lived in Midtown for many years. I was there when the city stated (because I asked) that there would be no overhead utilities 500' in all directions from the intersection of Broadway and Hildebrand. Nope. They lied. They have been spewing out this stuff everywhere and even doubling up as seen in my pic examples.