View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
Hmmm... I have not yet seen the floorplans. I wonder if they incorporated feedback from RL customers (buyers and non-buyers alike). I am guessing that "more bedrooms" means they did.

My wife and I want to downsize, and we want 2 bedrooms. I have two friends each of whom have approx 800 sq ft 1 bedroom condos (not in Saskatoon). Their layouts are vastly different but even with just 1 bed 1 bath they both feel a bit cramped. I also have a friend with a 2 bedroom 1200 sq ft unit and it feels downright massive (the layout of that one is excellent). For me, the sweet spot for a 2 bed unit would be around 1000 sq. ft (depending on the layout of course).

Maybe the 2 bed plus den would work, but I'd also prefer the "extra space" be in the living area.

So I am not sure we would find a plan we like at highpoint. I hope they didn't misjudge the market (as if my requirements are the only ones that matter )

And, of course, ultimately the price is by far the most influential factor.
Here’s the link to the floorplans https://www.highpointsaskatoon.com/floorplans password international

A friend told me that they are looking to be around $600 psf. My unit downtown with brand new everything on the 20th floor but built in the 60’s is $300psf. I just can’t wrap my head around the valuation.